aka: Daughter of the Nine Moons
Tuon Athaem Kore Paendrag
by Richard Boyé
Tuon and Selucia by Richard Boyé
Points of View#
See Tuon's chapter points of view.
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Tuon is born in the summer of 980 NE. (WH,Ch14, CoT,Ch3)
- At age sixteen Tuon reaches her naming day and her head is shaved. Selucia chooses to be her dresser and bodyguard. (WH,Ch14)
- Tuon successfully tests for sul'dam. (WH,Ch14)
- Tuon purchases Mylen at the docks of Shon Kifar then trains her. (WH,Ch14)
- Tuon sails from Tanchico to Ebou Dar on the Victory of Kidron. (WH,Ch14)
- Suroth and Tuon visit Queen Tylin accompanied by Anath and Selucia. Mat barges in on them and Tuon inspects him thoroughly before they leave. (WH,Ch17)
- Tuon, Suroth, Anath and Selucia spend a lot of time with Queen Tylin. Suroth is shocked at the way Anath berates Tuon, but Selucia sees it as proper. (WH,Ch18)
- Mat runs into Tuon while leaving the damane quarters. (WH,Ch19)
- In the Tarasin Palace, Mat often runs into Tuon. Sometimes she is with Anath or Selucia. Sometimes she is alone. (WH,Ch28)
- Tuon catches Mat as he is about to leave. They struggle, but Noal holds her. Egeanin arrives and names her the Daughter of the Nine Moons. When Mat says she is his wife, Tuon smiles. Mat takes Selucia and Tuon with him. (WH,Ch31)
- Mat, Egeanin and Bayle Domon smuggle Selucia and Tuon out of Ebou Dar and hide out in Valan Luca's circus. (CoT,Ch1)
- Mat visits Tuon in her wagon. She is angry at being characterized as a disloyal servant. She calls him "Toy" and asks if he remembers Hawkwing's face. (CoT,Ch3)
- Mat tries his hand at courting Tuon, giving her flowers and taking her for walks. (CoT,Ch28)
- Mat takes Tuon and Selucia into the town of Jurador to shop for fabric. When they return, they learn that Renna stabbed Egeanin and fled. Tuon hears from Egeanin that sul'dam really can channel. While Mat is hunting down Renna, Tuon takes control of the circus. She puts the circus under her personal protection, but specifically excludes Mat from that protection. (CoT,Ch29)
- Mat stops by the wagon to visit with Tuon, Selucia, Noal and Olver until Juilin reports Seanchan nearby. (KoD,Ch6)
- Mat leaves Tuon and Selucia in their wagon to go see about the Aes Sedai. (KoD,Ch7)
- Mat gives the razor to Tuon. She is delighted. They go for a ride accompanied by Selucia. She names the horse Akein. (KoD,Ch8)
- Mat is eating with Tuon, Selucia and Noal when Joline, Edesina and Teslyn barge in. They badger Tuon about the Seanchan invasion. Selucia slips a'dam on Joline and Teslyn and Tuon then shields Edesina. She demonstrates the a'dam. Mat removes them after extracting promises that the Aes Sedai will not bother Tuon any more. Tuon is shocked that the weaves do not touch Mat. (KoD,Ch9)
- Tuon and Selucia ride with Mat. After the disappearance of the Shiotan ghost village, they insist on an evening of prayer. (KoD,Ch10)
- Mat and Thom take Tuon and Selucia to a hell in Maderin. Thom learns that some Seanchan intend to kill Tuon. Outside the tavern, Darkfriends attack them but Mat and the others kill them all. Mat realizes they must now leave the circus. (KoD,Ch11)
- Mat leads the party off the road and through the forest. Tuon asks him for a kiss and Selucia looks furious. Vanin brings Talmanes and they ride to rejoin the Band of the Red Hand. (KoD,Ch25)
- Mat rides with Tuon and Selucia to rejoin the Band of the Red Hand. He begins planning how to get them out of Altara. (KoD,Ch26)
- Mat creates havoc among the Seanchan forces in northeast Altara. Tuon and Selucia have mixed feelings about his success. (KoD,Ch27)
- When Furyk Karede arrives, Mat agrees to let Tuon go with him. This completes the last part of Lidya's Foretelling so Tuon completes the marriage ceremony stunning everyone. Karede, Tuon and Selucia leave for Ebou Dar. (KoD,Ch36)
- Tuon and Karede return to the Tarasin Palace with Zaired Elbar's head. Tuon makes Suroth da'covale and gives her to the Deathwatch Guard. (KoD,Epilogue)
- Tuon holds her first audience back in the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar. She gets a true oath of loyalty from Beslan. She announces that they will stay in this new land and agrees to a meeting with the Dragon Reborn. (TGS,Ch19)
- Tuon meets with the Dragon Reborn to discuss an alliance. She puts him off guard by bringing up Mat. His ta'veren pull almost makes her accede, but his darkness is so terrifying that she refuses a truce. After he leaves, she orders the strike on the White Tower. She announces that she is now the Empress. (TGS,Ch35)
- Empress Fortuona gives her blessing to the strike force heading for Tar Valon. (TGS,Ch36)
- At the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar, Fortuona sees a demonstration of Traveling and orders all damane to be trained for an all-out attack to destroy the White Tower. (ToM,Ch47)
- From her new residence near Ebou Dar, Graendal begins influencing Tuon. (ToM,Epilogue)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Shadow Rising
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch5 - Mat asks Betse Silvin if she ever heard of the Daughter of the Nine Moons. She has not.
- LoC,Ch6 - While questioning Cabriana Mecandes, Semirhage is annoyed at having been pulled away from her charge even though she is a willful and obdurate girl.
- LoC,Ch52 - In The Wandering Woman common room, Mat mentions the Daughter of the Nine Moons and a man with a slurred accent chokes on his drink.
- LoC,Epilogue - A Seanchan spy thinks, "Perhaps the Return would come soon, and the Daughter of the Nine Moons with it. Surely that would be the greatest omen of victory."
- In A Crown of Swords
- In Winters Heart
- WH,Ch14 - Even after three years, Tuon is sensitive about having her head shaved.
- WH,Ch14 - Tuon enjoys training damane as much as she enjoys training horses.
- WH,Ch14 - Tuon's personal banner is two golden lions harnessed to an ancient war-cart.
- WH,Ch20 - Bethamin Zeami is excited at the prospect of Tuon removing her veil and the city acknowledging her as the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Ch3 - Tuon is nineteen years, seven months old.
- CoT,Ch4 - The Seeker believes that Suroth and the Aes Sedai had something to do with Tuon's disappearance. He enlists Furyk Karede to conduct a secret search for her.
- CoT,Ch4 - There are rumors in Ebou Dar of a girl, the image of Tuon, extorting jewelry from merchants while accompanied by the Deathwatch Guard.
- CoT,Epilogue - Bashere reports to Rand that the Seanchan are willing to talk, but High Lady Suroth wants him to meet the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Prologue - High Lady Suroth hopes Tuon is still alive. Semirhage offers to make Suroth Empress if she kills Tuon.
- KoD,Ch4 - On learning that the Shaido have hundreds of channeling Wise Ones, Tylee is afraid that she may have to disturb the Daughter of the Nine Moons or even apologize to the Empress.
- KoD,Ch18 - When Rand thinks of Mat he sees swirling colors then an image of Mat talking with a small, dark woman and leading a line of folks through forest.
- Davram Bashere and Karldin Manfor meet with High Lady Suroth to negotiate a meeting with the "Daughter of the Nine Moons". They are not allowed to speak with anyone else. (KoD,Ch20)
- KoD,Ch34 - Furyk Karede has been searching for Tuon for nearly four weeks.
- KoD,Ch37 - When the Seanchan army arrives, Mat hopes that Tuon and Selucia got away safely.
- In The Gathering Storm
- TGS,Prologue - Rand sends the sul'dam and damane back to Ebou Dar with the message that he still wants a meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- TGS,Ch5 - Rand sees a vision of Mat. The small, dark-skinned woman is no longer with him.
- TGS,Ch7 - Rand intends to bring peace and stop the fighting with the Seanchan to show good faith for his meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- TGS,Ch20 - Mat is unsure of himself not that he is married. He wonders if the Seanchan will chase him since he and Tuon are now on different sides.
- TGS,Ch22 - Shaidar Haran tells Semirhage that she failed greatly, losing valuable pawns.
- TGS,Ch27 - Mat tries not to think about Tuon.
- TGS,Ch29 - Rand will bring Darlin Sisnera and his army to Arad Doman after he meets with the Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- TGS,Ch31 - Naeff and Bashere have been negotiating a meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons. The Seanchan reject Katar so Rand proposes Falme.
- TGS,Ch34 - Tuon is still on Mat's mind a lot.
- TGS,Ch44 - Nynaeve wonders why she embarrassed herself in front of the Daughter of the Nine Moons defending Mat.
- TGS,Ch49 - Rand prepares to balefire the Tarasin Palace where the Daughter of the Nine Moons resides, but he cannot bring himself to do it.
- In Towers of Midnight
- ToM,Ch8 - Mat thinks Melli Craeb is pretty, but not as pretty as Tuon.
- ToM,Ch9 - The gholam taunts Mat telling him it will kill Thom, Noal and Tuon as well.
- ToM,Ch17 - Mat reminds Bethamin Zeami and Seta that Tuon is also a sul'dam.
- ToM,Ch19 - Thom tells Elayne the whole story of Mat and Tuon.
- ToM,Ch22 - Mat has to figure out what to do with Tuon when they are together again.
- ToM,Ch31 - Mat intends to give his extra foxhead medallions to Olver and Tuon.
- ToM,Ch47 - Perrin is stunned to learn that Mat is married to the Seanchan Daughter of the Nine Moons.
- ToM,Ch52 - Mat gets a news report that Tuon is now Empress.
- In A Memory of Light