Title: High Lord Darlin of House Sisnera
He has short, dark hair and blue eyes. (TDR,Ch54) He is dark and not particularly handsome, with a too-long nose, but he has beautiful blue eyes. He is well into his middle years. He wears his hair close cropped and has a pointed beard. (ACoS,Ch35) He is less than a head shorter than Rand. (KoD,Ch21)
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- High Lord Darlin confronts Mat in the Stone of Tear, but Mat knocks him out with his quarterstaff. (TDR,Ch54)
- High Lord Darlin leaves Tear as soon as the Stone of Tear falls, openly rebelling against Rand. (LoC,Ch4)
- An agent of Sebban Balwer talks Estanda and Tedosian into joining Darlin in open rebellion. (LoC,Ch9)
- Darlin and a group of Tairens join Caraline and Toram Riatin outside Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Rand and Min run into Lady Caraline and Lord Darlin when they go looking for the rebels. They take Rand and Min to the camp. (ACoS,Ch35)
- Lady Caraline and Lord Darlin escape from the fog with Rand, Min and Cadsuane. They help get Rand back to the Sun Palace after he is wounded and then disappear. (ACoS,Ch36)
- Dobraine reports to Rand that Caraline and Darlin are staying at Lady Arilyn's palace as "guests" of Cadsuane. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Rand appoints High Lord Darlin as his steward in Tear. (WH,Prologue)
- Dobraine's armsmen free Lady Caraline and High Lord Darlin from Lady Arilyn's palace. They head to Tear on a riverboat. (WH,Ch13)
- Darlin rules Tear as Rand's steward. (WH,Ch25)
- Darlin and the Stone of Tear are under siege by nobles who want the Dragon Reborn out of Tear. (CoT,Ch12)
- High Lord Astoril joins High Lord Darlin in the Stone of Tear defending against the rebellion. (CoT,Ch23)
- Rand visits High Lord Darlin, Lady Caraline and Alanna in the Stone of Tear. Astoril, Anaiyella and Weiramon are with them. Rand orders Darlin to raise an army to take to Arad Doman. Bera arrives with news that the rebels will settle if Darlin is made King of Tear. (KoD,Ch21)
- Darlin sends a message to Rand that his army is ready. (TGS,Ch5)
- Darlin continues to send messages to Rand that his army is ready. Rand sends Dobraine and his armsmen to Tear. (TGS,Ch29)
- King Darlin greets Rand when he arrives in Tear and asks when the army will be going to Arad Doman. Rand says they will march to Shayol Ghul instead. (TGS,Ch42)
- Egwene writes to King Darlin asking his support to stop Rand from breaking the remaining seals. (ToM,Ch5)
- When Rand returns to Tear, he has Darlin summon all the High Lords and Ladies. Two of them are Darkfriends. (ToM,Ch13)
- Darlin writes back to Egwene that he is loyal to Rand, but breaking the seals is, indeed, concerning. He will come to the Field of Merrilor but he must leave most of his army in Tear to defend against the Seanchan. (ToM,Ch27)
- Darlin arrives at the Field of Merrilor with soldiers and the Aiel. (ToM,Ch56)
- Egwene, King Easar from Shienar, King Alsalam from Arad Doman, Elayne from Andor, Cadsuane, Min, Perrin, Faile, Nynaeve, King Roedran from Murandy, Gregorin from Illainer, King Paitar from Arafel, King Darlin from Tear, Queen Tenobia from Saldaea, Queen Alliandre from Ghealdan and Berelain from Mayene all attend Rand's meeting at the Field of Merrilor. (AMoL,Ch5)
- Darlin says that whomever leads the battle must be one who is going to be in the fighting. (AMoL,Ch6)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In Lord of Chaos
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Prologue - Elaida issues orders that a White Tower representative approach him and offer to make him king of Tear.
- ACoS,Ch7 - Bashere is very concerned about his and Caraline's and Toram Riatin's intentions for Cairhien.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Caraline and Darlin intended to put Caraline on the Cairhien throne before Colavaere could take it.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Min views that Caraline and Darlin will marry.
- ACoS,Ch35 - Min views Darlin wearing a crown, a simple golden circlet with a slightly curved sword lying on its side above his brows. The king's crown he would wear one day.
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winters Heart
- WH,Prologue - The day after the explosion, Dobraine tells Rand that Ailil Riatin and Shalon are missing. Rand tells Dobraine that Cadsuane is probably holding them like she is holding Caraline Damodred and Darlin Sisnera.
- WH,Ch25 - Alanna reports to Rand that Darlin now rules in the Stone of Tear, but the rebels in Haddon Mirk have still not returned.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- In Knife of Dreams
- In The Gathering Storm
- In Towers of Midnight