Title: Lady Dyelin of House Taravin
Points of View#
See Dyelin Taravin's chapter points of view.
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- After her father's death, Dyelin becomes High Seat of House Taravin at the age of fifteen. She successfully defends her lands against raiders from Altara and Murandy. (CoT,Ch13)
- Lady Dyelin is staying near Caemlyn. (LoC,Ch10)
- Rand meets with Abelle, Dyelin, Ellorien and Luan and tells them he wants to deliver Andor to Elayne. Ellorien and Luan support Dyelin for the throne, but Dyelin supports Elayne. (LoC,Ch16)
- Rand meets with Aemlyn, Arathelle, Dyelin, Ellorien, Luan and Pelivar to tell them that Elayne is on her way to Caemlyn. They are doubtful. Rand dismisses them when Min arrives. (LoC,Ch41)
- Kairen Stang meets with Lady Dyelin and implies that only she can help ensure the return of Elayne. (LoC,Ch43)
- When news of Colavaere's coronation reached Andor, other nobles tried to take the throne. She has them arrested and is made regent in Elayne's name by other nobles loyal to Elayne. (ACoS,Ch7)
- When Elayne arrives at the Royal Palace Dyelin meets her in the Grand Hall. Dyelin tells Elayne that she supports House Trakand but many of the other nobles support Dyelin. (TPoD,Ch28)
- Dyelin brings news to Elayne that there is an army of Borderlands in Braem Wood. When three men attack, Dyelin tries to defend Elayne and is seriously wounded. (WH,Ch9)
- Nynaeve Heals Dyelin, but she will need lots of rest. (WH,Ch10)
- Dyelin tells Elayne that she must eat right and get exercise. (WH,Ch26)
- Elayne sends Reanne and Dyelin on a mission to drum up support among undecided Houses. (CoT,Ch11)
- Reanne and Dyelin return to Caemlyn with the High Seats of four high ranking Andoran Houses. (CoT,Ch13)
- Dyelin listens while Reene Harfor and Halwin Norry report to Elayne. (CoT,Ch14)
- Dyelin is off negotiating with the High Seats of uncommitted Houses. (KoD,Ch14)
- Dyelin returns to the Royal Palace. (KoD,Ch16)
- Elayne and Birgitte meet with Dyelin in the Map Room. Dyelin reports that the six High Seats camped to the south are still neutral. Vandene reports that several of the Kin were murdered. (KoD,Ch17)
- When Birgitte organizes a rescue party for Elayne, she sends Dyelin to hold off Arymilla's attack on the Far Madding Gate. (KoD,Ch32)
- After her rescue, Elayne and Birgitte attack Arymilla's army from the rear while Dyelin's force attacks from the front. They capture Arymilla and the others. (KoD,Ch33)
- Elayne holds an audience with High Seats Abelle, Aemlyn, Arathelle, Ellorien, Luan and Pelivar. When Dyelin tells them she has published her support for Elayne, all but Ellorien acquiesce and throw in their support as well. (KoD,Ch35)
- Elayne, Dyelin and Birgitte discuss reports when they receive Mat's letter. (ToM,Ch11)
- Elayne invites Mat and Thom to dinner along with Talmanes and Dyelin. (ToM,Ch19)
- Dyelin attends the play with Elayne and the other nobles. (ToM,Ch23)
- Elayne has a morning meeting with Dyelin when Birgitte brings in Galad and Morgase for a joyful reunion. (ToM,Ch45)
- In a complex ploy, Elayne strips Arymilla Marne, Elenia Sarand and Naean Arawn of their titles and lands. She offers some of these to the visiting Cairhienin nobles. She then offers the prisoners lands elsewhere to start over. Afterwards, Elayne, Morgase and Dyelin explain to to Birgitte. (ToM,Ch50)
- Elayne discusses the taking of Caemlyn with Lir Baryn, Dyelin and Perival Mantear. (AMoL,Ch2)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Prologue - Pedron Niall tells Morgase that there is talk in Caemlyn of Dyelin for the Lion Throne.
- LoC,Ch10 - Rand has Bashere send invitations to Pelivar, Ellorien and Dyelin through Arymilla Marne.
- LoC,Ch17 - Rand wishes Dyelin could see what good shape Cairhien is in so she would not worry about Aiel being in Caemlyn.
- LoC,Ch24 - There are rumors in Cairhien that Andorans in Aringill have declared for Dyelin.
- LoC,Ch26 - Lady Elenia carefully explains to Rand how she is next in line for the Lion Throne ahead of Dyelin.
- LoC,Ch28 - Lord Luan and Lady Dyelin are the most powerful nobles in Andor. Lady Arathelle Renshar is not far behind.
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winters Heart
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- In Knife of Dreams