Clan chief of the Goshien Aiel. His sept is the Jhirad and his society was Knife Hands. He is married to Melaine and Dorindha. He and Dorindha have three sons.
He is the tallest man Rand has ever seen. He has dark red hair and is graying. He has a deep voice. (TSR,Ch57) He has a hard, lean face and sharp blue eyes. (LoC,Ch10) He is very tall and has dark red hair with some gray. (ACoS,Ch7) He has gray eyes. (CoT,Prologue)
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Jheran and the Shaarad and Bael and the Goshien are already at Alcair Dal. (TSR,Ch49)
- Bael, Erim, Jheran, Han and Rhuarc proclaim Rand the Car'a'carn when he shows that Couladin lied about Rhuidean. (TSR,Ch57)
- In Rhuidean, Rand meets with clan chiefs Rhuarc, Bael, Bruan, Erim, Han and Jheran. They discuss the bleakness and bringing the other five clans to Rand. (TFoH,Ch2)
- Bael and Melaine are married. Melaine and Dorindha become first-sisters. (TFoH,Ch21)
- As they enter Cairhien, Rand tells the clan chiefs that they may take their fifth, but no food. He will hang anyone who disobeys. (TFoH,Ch23)
- Melaine is too busy with Bael and Dorindha to join Amys and Bair in a trip to Tel'aran'rhiod with Egwene. (TFoH,Ch24)
- Under Rand's ta'veren influence, Bael and Jheran mend the four hundred year old blood feud between Goshien and Shaarad. (TFoH,Ch30)
- In a meeting between Wise Ones and clan chiefs, Melaine intercedes with Bael on behalf of the Maidens. (TFoH,Ch41)
- Rand and the clan chiefs, Rhuarc, Bael, Bruan, Dhearic, Erim, Han and Jheran, finalize their plan for attacking the Shaido. (TFoH,Ch42)
- Before dawn, the clan chiefs again meet with Rand for a final briefing. (TFoH,Ch43)
- Bael and Rhuarc are still with Rand in Cairhien. (TFoH,Ch51)
- Bael leads the Aiel who accompany Rand to Caemlyn. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Bael reports to Rand that the Trollocs and Fades are running. (TFoH,Ch55)
- Bael leads the Aiel force that is mopping up the remaining Trollocs in Caemlyn. (TFoH,Ch56)
- Bael reports to Rand that there are two Aes Sedai at Culains Hound. Bael, Bashere and their guards accompany Rand to the inn to meet them. (LoC,Ch10)
- Melaine accompanies Rand from the Sun Palace to Caemlyn to "consult" with Bael. (LoC,Ch19)
- After Min tells Melaine that she will have twin girls, she runs to give the good news to Bael. (LoC,Ch41)
- Bael and Melaine attend the audience when the seven Aes Sedai pay an unexpected call on Rand. (LoC,Ch49)
- Rand meets with Bael, Bashere, Deira, Melaine and Dorindha. Bael leads the Aiel in Cairhien. Bael wants to attack the White Tower to make sure Elaida does not try anything else. (ACoS,Ch7)
- Bael accompanies Davram Bashere as they scout one of the camps besieging Caemlyn. He is annoyed that Melaine told him he must not interfere in the Andoran civil war. (CoT,Prologue)
- Rand orders Bael to take the Goshien to Arad Doman to help restore order. (KoD,Ch15)
- Rand sets a meeting with Bashere, Bael and Rhuarc to discuss the plan for Arad Doman. (TGS,Ch5)
- Rand meets with the Aes Sedai, Wise Ones, clan chiefs and Bashere to discuss the plan for Arad Doman. (TGS,Ch7)
- When Corana returns from a meeting with the Seanchan she brings news that they are showing off the collared Shaido Wise Ones. Amys sends her to report to the clan chiefs. (TGS,Ch15)
- After moving his headquarters to Bandar Eban, Rand meets with Rhuarc and Bael to discuss food distribution. (TGS,Ch29)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch49 - Rhuarc passes on information from Lian that Jheran and the Shaarad and Bael and the Goshien are already at Alcair Dal. Erim and the Chareen will be there soon.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- TFoH,Ch5 - Melaine wants to marry Bael.
- TFoH,Ch22 - After the attack, Amys and Bair make a bet on whether Melaine will check on Bael or Dorindha first.
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch10 - Bael is from the Jhirad sept. Before becoming clan chief he was a member of the Knife Hands society.
- LoC,Ch41 - Bael and Dorindha have three sons.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Ch18 - Bael has two wives like Mandelain and Rhuarc.
- ACoS,Ch33 - Min tells Rand that if Bael, Mandelain and Rhuarc can have two wives then she can deal with Aviendha and Elayne.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Ch14 - Elayne hopes the Borderlands move south quickly. She has confidence that Bael and Bashere have enough control to keep their forces from interfering.
The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
Copyright (c) 1998 by Gary Kephart