The Maidens have developed a language of their own which uses only their hands, a sign language. No one outside of the Maidens is supposed to know it, however, Faile has been taught some by Bain and Chiad. Per Robert Jordan, handtalk consists of finger spelling along with gestures that signify words and even complete phrases.
- Agirin (Shelan sept of the Daryne)
- Aviendha (becoming a Wise One)
- Chuonde (Spine Ridge sept of the Miagoma)
- Dailin (Wise One)
- Dailin (Maiden)
- Efalin (Shaido)
- Isan (Jarra (Sept) sept of the Chareen)
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch22 - When Rand and the Aiel leave Tear, Rhuarc orders six of the Aiel societies, Red Shields, Brothers of the Eagle, Water Seekers, Maidens of the Spear, Black Eyes and Thunder Walkers, to spread out to look for the Portal Stone.
- TSR,Ch23 - Maidens and Stone Dogs are especially touchy about ji'e'toh.
- TSR,Ch25 - Morin becomes the first Maiden of the Spear when she gives up the Way of the Leaf to help rescue her daughter, Kirin.
- TSR,Ch36 - As the Aiel leave Chaendaer, Maidens scout ahead while Stone Dogs guard the rear.
- TSR,Ch57 - Maidens of the Spear accompany Rand for his honor. He has no Society, but he was born of a Maiden so they ask for the job.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- In The Path of Daggers
- In The Gathering Storm
More Category Organizations