WARNING: This page is dark and full of spoilers
The organization of Aes Sedai
who have foresworn their oaths and serve the Dark One
. They come from all Ajahs. Their existence is officially and vehemently denied by other Aes Sedai
The Black Ajah is headed by a Great Council of Thirteen. The head of this council is Alviarin Freidhen
. She currently reports to Mesaana
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In New Spring
- In The Eye of the World
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Prologue - The Black Ajah is headed by a Great Council of Thirteen. The head of this council is Alviarin Freidhen. She currently reports to Mesaana.
- ACoS,Ch32 - Elaida inadvertently sets Seaine Herimon looking for the Black Ajah.
- ACoS,Ch40 - When a woman joins the Black Ajah, the Three Oaths are broken and she swears three new oaths.
- ACoS,Ch40 - Black Ajah sisters still consider themselves to be members of their old Ajahs. The duties of their old Ajahs still count, but their Black Ajah duties are superior to them.
- In Winter's Heart
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Prologue - The Black Ajah is organized in hearts of three members who know the true allegiance of each other. In addition, some cell members know an outside contact as well.
- CoT,Ch10 - When Elayne feels the powerful channeling, she fears it is the Black Ajah or the Forsaken.
- CoT,Ch16 - Elaida continues to provoke the Hall with demands that they declare Elaida to be Black Ajah.
- CoT,Ch21 - Alviarin knows the name of every Black Ajah sister and their organization.
- CoT,Ch21 - Shaidar Haran orders Alviarin to find who is hunting the Black Ajah and deliver them to him.
- In The Gathering Storm
- TGS,Ch39 - Verin reveals herself as Black Ajah to Egwene and gives her the notebook on the Black Ajah.
- TGS,Ch43 - Egwene purges the Black Ajah in the rebel camp.
- TGS,Ch45 - Over fifty Black Ajah sisters in the rebel camp are stilled and beheaded. Nearly twenty escape.
- TGS,Epilogue - Egwene purges the Black Ajah in the White Tower. They had some warning as over sixty escape.
The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
Copyright (c) 1998 by Gary Kephart