Map: A map of Shara is available in the Guide, p. 152.
A mysterious country largely unknown to the Westlands. It is variously known as Shamara, Co'dansin, Tomaka or Kigali. It is also known as Shibouya.
East of the Aiel Waste.
Shara is ruled by absolute monarchs, the Sh'boan and Sh'botay. Every seven years, the longer reigning spouse dies a "natural" death and a new one is chosen. The current Sh'boan and Sh'botay, Chiape and Shaofan, are enjoying Graendal's hospitality.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In New Spring
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- TDR,Ch9 - In the wolf dream, Perrin encounters a strange, arrogant man dressed all in yellow. His coat flares over his hips and his breeches flare over his boots. He has an odd accent that is quick and sharp. This fits none of the peoples of the Westlands or Seanchan so it is likely that he is Sharan.
- In The Shadow Rising
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch6 - Graendal displays the Sh'boan and Sh'botay of Shara as her latest pets.
- LoC,Ch6 - The rulers of Shara are the Sh'boan and Sh'botay, something like empress and emperor. Every seven years one dies a "natural" death and a new one is chosen. Women who can channel are called Ayyad and live in separate areas.
- LoC,Ch17 - There has not been a battle in Shara since the Trolloc Wars, but news of the Dragon Reborn has caused fighting to break out.
- LoC,Ch17 - Sharans are renowned liars. Trade with them is risky.
- LoC,Ch17 - Rand remembers reading about Shara in The Travels of Jain Farstrider. It is variously known as Shamara, Co'dansin, Tomaka or Kigali.
- In Winter's Heart
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- In Knife of Dreams
- In The Gathering Storm