Pronunciation: my-REHL beh-renh-GAH-ree
An Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. Her Warder are Avar Hachami, Croi Makin and Nuhel Dromand. She is Altara from Ebou Dar.
She is olive-skinned and beautiful. She is almost as tall as Siuan. (NS,Ch3) She is darkly beautiful. Her face is a perfect oval. (TFoH,Ch26) She has large, dark eyes. (TFoH,Ch27) She is olive skinned. (ACoS,Ch11)
Myrelle by Richard Boyé
Points of View#
See Myrelle Berengari's chapter points of view.
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Myrelle is a novices during the Aiel War. (TFoH,Ch27)
- As a novices, Myrelle puts a trout in Saroiya Sedai's bath. (TFoH,Ch26)
- Myrelle earns the ring the same year as Moiraine and Siuan. (NS,Ch3)
- Tamra summons all Accepted including Myrelle to the Oval Lecture Hall where she announces a bounty for women who recently gave birth. (NS,Ch3)
- The Accepted including Myrelle scramble back to their rooms and prepare to leave the White Tower to take the census. (NS,Ch4)
- At the census Myrelle takes down the sad story of Salia Pomfrey. (NS,Ch6)
- Myrelle and Siuan help Moiraine practice for the test for the shawl. After Elaida's ministrations, Myrelle, Sheriam and Ellid put ointment on Moiraine's and Siuan's bruises. (NS,Ch8)
- When Moiraine returns from her test for the shawl, Myrelle and Sheriam tell her that they just came for Siuan. (NS,Ch10)
- Circa 985-986 NE, Myrelle is raised to the shawl. (LoC,Ch40)
- In Chachin, Myrelle discovers a former novices posing as Green Ajah. The poor girl probably wishes she were stilled and dead before Myrelle is through with her. (LoC,Ch15)
- Before her trip to the Two Rivers, Moiraine passes Lan's bond to Myrelle. (TGH,Ch22)
- After the revolt in the White Tower, Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle establish themselves as the leaders of the Salidar Aes Sedai. (TFoH,Ch27)
- When Siuan and Leane arrive at Salidar, Sheriam, Anaiya, Carlinya and Myrelle question them thoroughly to prove their identity. (TFoH,Ch26)
- Siuan tells Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle that the Red Ajah set up Logain as a false Dragon. They begin planning to select an Amyrlin and Sitters and then move against Elaida. (TFoH,Ch27)
- Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle give Gareth Bryne Siuan and Leane as personal maids. He agrees to build them an army. (TFoH,Ch28)
- Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle meet with Elayne and Nynaeve when they arrive in Salidar. They learn that Elaida already knows about Salidar. They are anxious to learn about Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch50)
- After Moiraine falls through the twisted red doorway, Myrelle feels her new bond to Lan and begins preparing for him to arrive. (TFoH,Ch53, LoC,Ch52)
- Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle keep Elayne and Nynaeve busy at night with trips to Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Myrelle begins pressing Nynaeve harder about breaking her block. She tells Theodrin to put special effort into it. (LoC,Ch7, LoC,Ch8)
- Nynaeve and Elayne take Siuan, Leane, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin, Myrelle and Sheriam to the White Tower in Tel'aran'rhiod. After Nynaeve and Leane leave, the rest are trapped in a nightmare until Elayne can rescue them. (LoC,Ch7)
- Nynaeve avoids Myrelle and Croi Makin on a street in Salidar. (LoC,Ch8)
- Nynaeve eavesdrops while Tarna Feir meets with Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle in the Little Tower. They tell her they need more time to consider Elaida's offer. (LoC,Ch12)
- Sheriam, Beonin, Morvrin and Myrelle interview Thom and Juilin when they return from their scouting mission in Amadicia. (LoC,Ch29)
- After Nynaeve Heals Logain, Sheriam, Romanda, Myrelle, Morvrin, Takima, Lelaine, Janya, Delana, Bharatine, Beonin, Varilin and Nisao all pile into the small room to see what happened. Sheriam and Myrelle then take her to the Little Tower where she Heals Siuan and Leane. (LoC,Ch30)
- Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin, Myrelle and Siuan meet with Amys, Bair and Egwene in the Heart of the Stone in Tel'aran'rhiod. The Aes Sedai summon Egwene to Salidar. (LoC,Ch32)
- Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin, Myrelle and Siuan are meeting when Egwene arrives. They tell her she is to be the next Amyrlin. (LoC,Ch34)
- Sheriam and her circle prepare Egwene for the ceremony. Sheriam, Morvrin and Myrelle accompany Egwene to the Little Tower while Anaiya, Beonin and Carlinya wait outside. (LoC,Ch35)
- Sheriam, Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin and Myrelle keep Egwene up half the night telling her what they think is important. (LoC,Ch36)
- Myrelle offers to bond Mat as her Warder. Twice. (LoC,Ch44)
- Lan responds to the pull of Myrelle's bond to him and comes to her. She enlists Nisao to help Heal his mind. (LoC,Ch52)
- Egwene asks Myrelle to accompany her, Siuan, and Bryne on a ride. (ACoS,Ch11)
- They reach a camp where Nisao and Lan are staying. Myrelle and Nisao have been keeping Lan for twenty days. She promises Egwene that she will pass Lan's bond to Nynaeve. Moiraine passed the bond to her because she is the only one in centuries to save more than one Warder after his Aes Sedai died. She swears fealty to Egwene. (ACoS,Ch12)
- Egwene sends Anaiya, Beonin and Myrelle to secretly meet with the Andoran nobles and pave the way for the formal meeting with the Sitters. (TPoD,Ch15)
- The sisters who swore fealty to Egwene are still unsettled by it. Myrelle often flinches when she sees Egwene. (TPoD,Ch16)
- Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya, Morvrin, Myrelle, Nisao, Sheriam and their Warder accompany Egwene and Gareth Bryne when they scout Tar Valon. Myrelle is annoyed when she hears that Faiselle supports negotiations. (CoT,Ch16)
- Egwene and her party return to the Salidar Aes Sedai camp. Her Council members go to report to the heads of their respective Ajahs. (CoT,Ch17)
- Morvrin and Myrelle report to Egwene that Akarrin and her party have returned and that Escaralde and Malind have called the Hall to meet. (CoT,Ch18)
- Egwene's Council accompanies her to the meeting of the Hall. Myrelle gives advice on what Malind might do. (CoT,Ch19)
- Morvrin and Myrelle report to Egwene on the negotiations with the White Tower. Egwene outlines her proposal for the Kin to Myrelle, Maigan and Romanda who are shocked. Lelaine suggests that Myrelle takes Llyw's bond now that Kairen is dead, but Myrelle declines. (CoT,Ch30)
- Siuan reports to Carlinya, Morvrin, Myrelle and Sheriam that Egwene and Leane are well and are prisoners in the White Tower. (KoD,Ch1)
- Malind and Faiselle badger Myrelle into bonding Llyw. (KoD,Ch23)
- Faolain, Theodrin, Myrelle and Nisao are all sent with the embassy to the Black Tower. (TGS,Ch45)
- After her test for the shawl, Nynaeve Travels to the camp by the Black Tower, confronts Myrelle and coerces her into passing Lan's bond to her. (ToM,Ch20)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Great Hunt
- TGH,Ch22 - Moiraine tells Lan that she passed his bond to Myrelle. She already has three Warder.
- In The Dragon Reborn
- TDR,Ch7 - Moiraine goads Lan, telling him she will send him on to Myrelle. Perrin asks who Myrelle is, but Moiraine just says she is Green Ajah.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- TFoH,Ch26 - Myrelle is younger than Siuan, Leane, Carlinya and Sheriam.
- TFoH,Ch53 - When Moiraine disappears Lan can feel the pull from Myrelle somewhere in the west.
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch7 - Myrelle's attire in Tel'aran'rhiod mark her as Altara.
- LoC,Ch12 - Siuan taunts Nynaeve and Elayne telling them what Myrelle did to a novices who posed as a Green Ajah sister.
- LoC,Ch34 - Sheriam is stronger in the One Power than Myrelle who, in turn, is stronger than Anaiya, Beonin, Carlinya and Morvrin.
- LoC,Ch40 - Myrelle is head of the Green Ajah among the Salidar Aes Sedai even though she has been Aes Sedai less than fifteen years.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Ch12 - Myrelle is an excellent horseback rider.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Egwene plans to take Myrelle, Sheriam, Carlinya, Beonin, Anaiya and Morvrin into Tel'aran'rhiod that night to meet with the Wise Ones to prove that the merchant's rumor about Rand kneeling to Elaida is false.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Siuan implies that Myrelle is from Ebou Dar.
- ACoS,Ch12 - Myrelle is poor at Healing.
- ACoS,Ch31 - Lan tells Nynaeve that Myrelle holds his bond.
- In The Path of Daggers
- TPoD,Ch17 - At the meeting with the Salidar Aes Sedai Sitters, Egwene hopes the Andoran nobles will not mention Myrelle and the others who secretly met with them earlier.
- In Winters Heart
- WH,Ch25 - Rand knows he can ask Alanna to release her bond to him after hearing about Lan and his bond to Myrelle.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Ch23 - Lan and Nynaeve keep Myrelle and her bond to Lan a close secret.
- CoT,Ch30 - Maigan is as high in Aes Sedai standing as Morvrin or Myrelle.
- Crossroads of Twilight,Glossary - Her full name is Myrelle Berengari.
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Ch20 - It still grates on Nynaeve that Myrelle holds Lan's bond.
The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
Copyright (c) 1998 by Gary Kephart