During the Trolloc Wars, it was an ally of Manetheren (TEotW,Ch19) and Thorin was King of Manetheren and Balwen Ironhand was King of Aridhol. Mordeth became part of Balwen's court and started whispering poison to him and Aridhol began to change. Thorin's son, Caar, came to talk them into rejoining the Second Covenant. Balwen, with Mordeth by his side, called for the arrest of Caar as Darkfriends. Caar eventually escaped their dungeons but was later killed. The Manetheren army came to Aridhol to avenge Caar's death, but found the gates torn down and not one living thing inside. The city had consumed itself with suspicion and hate. (LoC,Ch19)
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch18 - Moiraine and her party seek shelter in Shadar Logoth.
- TEotW,Ch19 - Rand, Mat and Perrin go exploring in Shadar Logoth and meet Mordeth. Mat takes the ruby dagger.
- TEotW,Ch20 - Moiraine and her party flee the Trollocs that have entered Shadar Logoth.
- TEotW,Ch21 - Nynaeve remembers the previous night.
- TEotW,Ch24 - Mat admits to Rand that he took the ruby dagger from there.
- TEotW,Ch47 - Padan Fain claims that Ishamael himself drove the Fades and Trollocs into Shadar Logoth.
- In The Great Hunt
- TGH,Ch11 - Padan Fain thinks about what Shadar Logoth did to him.
- TGH,Ch22 - At Adeleas' and Vandene's house, Moiraine studies a book on Shadar Logoth trying to figure out why Mat's ruby dagger was taken.
- TGH,Ch19 - Rand wants Rand to throw away the ruby dagger when she learns it is from Shadar Logoth.
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Lord of Chaos
- LoC,Ch20 - The Ogier built a Ways at Aridhol during its construction.
- LoC,Ch21 - Rand takes Elder Haman, Covril, Erith and a bunch of Maidens to Shadar Logoth. Haman takes Rand to the Ways and Rand weaves a deathtrap for Shadowspawn. Liah is lost and cannot be found.
- LoC,Ch28 - Now that Padan Fain has the ruby dagger, he feels whole again. He is part of Aridhol and it is part of him.
- In A Crown of Swords
- In Winters Heart
- WH,Ch16 - When the gholam flees through a hole in the wall, Mat recalls that he saw Mordeth do something similar at Shadar Logoth.
- WH,Ch31 - Domon reminds Mat of their trip from Shadar Logoth to Whitebridge.
- WH,Ch35 - Rand and Nynaeve funnel tainted saidin through Shadar Logoth via a conduit of saidar. The taint and Shadar Logoth destroy each other leaving a huge hole in the forest where Aridhol once stood.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- CoT,Ch19 - Akarrin reports to the Salidar Aes Sedai that there is now only a huge hole where Shadar Logoth stood. There are also traces of an unknown weaving.
- CoT,Ch23 - Rand is still weak from his efforts at Shadar Logoth.
- CoT,Ch24 - Since Shadar Logoth, the wounds in Rand's side hurt more, but Lews Therin seems a touch more sane.
- CoT,Ch30 - Myrelle Berengari starts to say something about Shadar Logoth to Egwene, but she stops when Maigan arrives.
- In Knife of Dreams
- In The Gathering Storm
More Category History