Son of Dalresin Damodred, nephew of Laman Damodred and half-brother of Moiraine Damodred. He married Tigraine and had a son, Galad. After Tigraine's disappearance and Mordrellen Mantear's death, he married Morgase Trakand and fathered Gawyn and Elayne. He was assassinated in 984 NE. His sign was a golden double-bitted battleaxe.
His is tall and handsome and his hair has a slight wave to it. (TGS,Ch30)
Chronology (Possible Spoilers)#
- Circa 970 NE Taringail Damodred marries Tigraine, the Daughter-Heir of Andor, and fathers a son Galad. (TEotW,Ch34)
- After the disappearance of Tigraine and the Succession, Morgase marries Taringail to solidify her claim on the throne. She has two children by him, Gawyn and Elayne. (TEotW,Ch34)
- Taringail warns his young son Gawyn against pretty women and Aes Sedai. (TGS,Ch30)
- Taringail plots to become the first king of Andor. Thom Merrilin learns of the plot and Taringail dies in a "hunting accident". (TSR,Ch17, TFoH,Ch19)
Other References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In New Spring
- In The Eye of the World
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- In The Fires of Heaven
- TFoH,Ch9 - When Nynaeve hassles Elayne about the way she treats Thom, she angrily retorts that her father was Taringail Damodred.
- TFoH,Ch16 - Elayne tells Nynaeve that Thom was Morgase' lover after her father died.
- TFoH,Ch19 - Recalling the men in her past, Morgase thinks she married Taringail only because of his previous marriage to Tigraine.
- In Lord of Chaos
- In Winter's Heart
- In The Gathering Storm
- In Towers of Midnight
More Category Characters