A jewelry set consisting of rings, bracelets, a necklace and a jeweled belt. They are ter'angreal meant to be worn and used together for defense. One of the items is a ring with a pale green stone. When activated, it detects saidar and saidin within a three mile radius. Another of the ter'angreal, a jeweled belt, is a Well. It can be filled with saidar and then drawn upon. A bracelet with red stones provides armor better than steel.
Additional information from TWoTRPG. Some of the information below does not agree with the information in the chronology.
The jewelry set is a set of linked, matching ter'angreal, consisting of a finger-ring, a belt of leather and gold set with gems, a bracelet set with gems complementing the belt, and a gem-studded necklace that matches them both. They are thought to be the Adornments of Vaerlin Sha'raelle, an Aes Sedai from the time of the Breaking. The effects of individual items are given below. When all of the Adornments are worn together the effects below are magnified.
Belt: Increases the wearer's resistance to attack.
Bracelet: Increases damage dealt by attacks against Shadowspawn.
Ring: Provides a resistance to the powers of Shadowspawn.
Necklace: Increases the damage caused by all weaves used to injure Shadowspawn, Darkfriends, and other servants of the Shadow.
Some records say Vaerlin Sha'raelle created a second set of Adornments with additional powers, but if so, they were not among the Ebou Dar hoard.
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In the Guide
- TWoTRPG - A detailed description of the jewelry set and its effects.
- In The Path of Daggers
- In Winter's Heart
- WH,Ch12 - Rand, Alivia, Nynaeve and Lan take the jewelry set with them when they leave Caemlyn.
- WH,Ch22 - Nynaeve wears the jewelry set in Far Madding. It includes a slim golden belt, a long necklace, numerous bracelets set with sapphires and green stones and several rings.
- WH,Ch32 - Nynaeve wears the bracelet and rings and the jewelry set when she goes riding with Cadsuane. Cadsuane tells her that the ring with a green stone detects saidar and saidin and that the jeweled belt is a Well.
- WH,Ch33 - Nynaeve uses the jeweled belt to lift Rand and Lan onto the roof of Zeram's house.
- WH,Ch33 - Nynaeve tells Rand and Lan that bracelet with red stones gives her armor better than steel.
- WH,Ch34 - Nynaeve uses the jeweled belt to place Aleis' crown back on her head.
- WH,Ch35 - Alivia takes the bracelet and rings and the jewelry set to help defend Rand.
- WH,Ch35 - One of the pieces in the jewelry set undoes Cyndane's ball of fire when she tries to fry Alivia.
- In Crossroads of Twilight
- In Knife of Dreams