Avendesora means "Tree of Life" in the Old Tongue. It is the last existing chora tree. It grows in the city of Rhuidean in the Aiel Waste. Chora trees are a One Power construct with large, green trefoil leaves which emit an aura of peace and well-being to any who pass beneath them. (Guide,pg 31)
References (Possible Spoilers)#
- In The Eye of the World
- TEotW,Ch6 - When Tam raves about Avendesora, Rand recalls that he heard in stories that it belongs to the Green Man.
- TEotW,Ch36 - Loial knows that the Aiel have Avendesora.
- TEotW,Ch44 - The key to a Waygate is in the shape of a trefoil leaf like those of Avendesora.
- TEotW,Ch50 - The Green Man says it has been two thousand years since he has seen Avendesora.
- In The Great Hunt
- In The Dragon Reborn
- In The Shadow Rising
- TSR,Ch24 - Rand and Mat discover Avendesora in the center of Rhuidean.
- TSR,Ch26 - When Rand exits the glass columns, he sees Mat hanging by his neck from a rope tied to the Ashandarei which lies across a couple of low branches of Avendesora.
- TSR,Ch58 - Avendesora burns like a torch after the battle between Rand and Asmodean.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- In Towers of Midnight
- ToM,Ch48 - Avendesora is already completely regrown.
More Category Items