In the Old Tongue, Brotherless. The name for Aiel warriors who could not accept Rand as the Car'a'carn and left their own clans to join the Shaido.
After Rand's revelation, many Aiel could not accept their history. Some experienced the bleakness, a sense of melancholy and loss. Many of these threw away their spears, some moving to the wetlands and some even joining the TuathaAn. Others simply refused to believe and many of these left with the Shaido.
- In The Fires of Heaven
- TFoH,Ch2 - Many of the Aiel who succumb to the bleakness join with the Shaido.
- TFoH,Ch5 - Some Aiel who experience the bleakness are joining the TuathaAn.
- In The Path of Daggers
- TPoD,Ch11 - Two-thirds of the algai'd'siswai with Sevanna in Ghealdan are Mera'din.
- In Winters Heart
- WH,Ch2 - The Aiel who capture Faile and Alliandre are Brotherless.
- In Knife of Dreams
- KoD,Ch5 - Many of the Mera'din plan to leave the Shaido and return to the Three-fold Land.
- In A Crown of Swords
- ACoS,Ch40 - With the guise of his "traveling boxes" Sammael scatters the Shaido from Illian to Ghealdan. Many of the Brotherless go with them.
More Category Organizations
The general rule is that the year to include in a copyright notice is the year of first publication of the work.
Copyright (c) 1998 by Gary Kephart