Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A curved dagger with a gold scabbard worked in strange symbols. Fine gold wire wraps the hilt, which is capped by a ruby as big as Rand's thumbnail, and the quillions are golden-scaled serpents baring their fangs.
- TEotW,Ch19 - When Mordeth takes the boys to the treasure stash in Shadar Logoth, Mat takes the ruby dagger.
- TEotW,Ch24 - Rand sees Mat holding the dagger. Mat admits taking it from Shadar Logoth.
- TEotW,Ch31 - Mat keeps touching the dagger
- TEotW,Ch33 - Mat holds the dagger against Mili Skane's throat.
- TEotW,Ch41 - Mat tries to kill Moiraine with the dagger.
- TEotW,Ch42 - Moiraine partially Heals Mat, but he still must keep the dagger until he is completely Healed.
- TEotW,Ch43 - Rand can sense the wrongness of the dagger when he is near it.
- TEotW,Ch50 - When Aginor and Balthamel arrive, Aginor points at Mat (who has the ruby dagger) and says that he guided them, "an old thing, an old friend, an old enemy."
- TGH,Ch5 - Moiraine tells Siuan about Mat and the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch6 - Padan Fain steals the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch7 - Moiraine, Siuan and Verin agree that Mat must go with the party chasing the Horn because only he can safely handle the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch8 - Siuan, Moiraine and Verin convince Rand, Mat and Perrin to go along to find the Horn and the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch9 - Rand, Mat, Perrin, Loial and a group of Shienarans led by Ingtar head out to find the Horn of Valere and the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch11 - Fain puts the ruby dagger on top of the chest containing the Horn to guard it. The Darkfriends have seen what the dagger can do so they stay far away.
- TGH,Ch19 - Rand and Loial steal back the Horn and the ruby dagger. Selene opens the chest and Rand puts the ruby dagger in it for safekeeping.
- TGH,Ch30 - Darkfriends steal the Horn and the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch32 - Rand and company are at Barthanes Damodred's party trying to find the dagger and the Horn of Valere.
- TGH,Ch34 - Fain brings the chest to High Lord Turak who can open it. He confiscates the Horn of Valere and the ruby dagger.
- TGH,Ch45 - Ingtar, Rand, Mat, Perrin and Hurin find the Horn of Valere and the ruby dagger in High Lord Turak's house. When Mat slashes a Seanchan soldier with the dagger, the soldier dies horribly in just a few seconds.
- TGH,Ch49 - Verin leaves with Egwene, Elayne, Nynaeve and Hurin to take Mat, the Horn of Valere and the ruby dagger to Tar Valon.
- TDR,Ch18 - Siuan Sanche and nine other Aes Sedai use the white fluted wand sa'angreal to Heal Mat's tie to the ruby dagger from Shadar Logoth.
- TDR,Ch19 - On waking, Mat still remembers the ruby dagger and wonder if they might let him keep the ruby.
- TSR,Ch56 - Fain misses the ruby dagger and intends to retrieve it from the White Tower.
- TFoH,Prologue - Fain wants the Horn and the ruby dagger. He can sense exactly where the ruby dagger is.
- TFoH,Ch19 - Fain retrieves the ruby dagger. The evil of the ruby dagger does not hurt him.
- ACoS,Ch36 - Fain slashes Rand with the ruby dagger and he nearly dies.
- ACoS,Ch41 - Rand tells Cadsuane, Corele and Samitsu that the ruby dagger is from Shadar Logoth.
- WH,Ch22 - In Far Madding, Fain kills Kisman with the ruby dagger.
- TGS,Ch5 � Rand trusts Corele more than most as she helped save his life after the cut from the ruby dagger.
- TGS,Ch35 � His return to Falme brings Rand memories of following Fain, the ruby dagger and the Horn of Valere.
- TGS,Ch47 � After meeting with Hurin, Rand feels melancholy thinking of simpler days when he Hurin and Loial chased after Fain and the ruby dagger.
- ToM,Prologue - Fain carries the ruby dagger with him through the Blight. He carries it bare-bladed and regularly cuts himself, but he does not care.