Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A ter'angreal, a large formation of glass columns. It sits in the center or Rhuidean. Walking through the glass columns presents historical visions from the Breaking and the Age of Legends through the eyes of ones ancestors. It is used as a test for Aiel men who wish to become clan chiefs and women to become Wise Ones. Only one in four men survive the test.
- TSR,Ch24 - Rand enters the glass columns.
- TSR,Ch25 - Rand sees the history of the Aiel in the glass columns. Muradin is also there.
- TSR,Ch26 - Rand sees the history of the Aiel in the glass columns. Muradin does not survive.
- TSR,Ch34 - Rand assumes that Aviendha's anger towards him came from what she saw in the glass columns.
- TSR,Ch48 - Bair tells Rand that Aviendha did not go through the glass columns.
- TFoH,Ch7 - The glass columns are the second test for Wise One apprentices. More women survive the test than men, but the Wise Ones do not agree on the reason.
- TGS,Ch26 � After claiming her right as a Wise One, Aviendha leaves for Cold Rocks Hold, then Rhuidean where she will traverse the glass columns.
- ToM,Ch45 - Aviendha arrives at Rhuidean. She will enter the glass columns tomorrow.
- ToM,Ch48 - Aviendha completes her trip through the glass columns. She touches the glass columns to use her Talent of reading ter'angreal and inadvertently begins a second trip, this time through the future.
- ToM,Ch49 - Aviendha completes her second trip through the glass columns and is devastated by what she saw.
- AMoL,Prologue - Bair Travels to Rhuidean to traverse the glass columns to see if she sees the same future as Aviendha.