Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
The place of origin of many of the main characters. It is in the region known as the Two Rivers.
A rough map
Emond's Field is ruled by the mayor, the village council, the Wisdom and the women's circle. At the beginning of the series, the mayor is Bran al'Vere, and the Wisdom is Nynaeve. Now that Perrin and Faile have moved in and a manor house is being built, however, "Lord" Perrin now rules Emond's Field, much to his chagrin.
"Rand expected to find the common room empty except for Bran and his father and the cat, but four more members of the Village Council, including Cenn, sat in high-backed chairs" (TEotW,Ch2)
"Only two of the men before the fire, Haral Luhhan...and Jon Thane" (TEotW,Ch2)
Who is the fourth? Jordan does not say.
"In the common room Rowan Hurn and Samel Crawe had joined the others in front of the fire, so that the entire Village Council was there." (TEotW,Ch2)
- TEotW,Earlier - There are five times in the year when everyone gathers: Bel Tine, the shearing of the sheep, the merchants' visits to buy wool and tabac, and Foolday.
- TEotW,Ch1 - Introduction
- TEotW,Ch2 - the scene
- TEotW,Ch3 - the scene
- TEotW,Ch9 - Present day Emond's Field was the site where Aemon and his warriors made their final stand for Manetheren during the Trolloc Wars.
- TSR,Ch8 - Rand cannot understand the High Lords' refusal to help Illian. Emond's Field, Watch Hill and Deven Ride always help each other in times of trouble.
- TSR,Ch29 - Perrin and Gaul arrive at the Winespring Inn in Emond's Field. Faile, Bain and Chiad arrive a bit later.
- TSR,Ch32 - Perrin and others realize that since Emond's Field has not been attacked by Trollocs, it must be a trap of some kind.
- TSR,Ch33 - Perrin convinces most of the farmers along the North Road to abandon their farms and congregate in Emond's Field.
- TSR,Ch39 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Nynaeve jumps to Emond's Field near the Winespring Inn where Slayer takes a shot at her.
- TSR,Ch40 - Hundreds of people from the surrounding area congregate in Emond's Field.
- TSR,Ch41 - Perrin tells Raen that he should get his Tinkers to Emond's Field but they refuse.
- TSR,Ch42 - Perrin and his band return to Emond's Field.
- TSR,Ch45 - The Tinkers and the Whitecloaks arrive at Emond's Field.
- TSR,Ch56 - All of the Two Rivers stands for the defense of Emond's Field and they defeat the Trollocs.
- TFoH,Ch25 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Moghedien follows Egwene to Emond's Field and idly wonders where it is. Egwene notes red eagle and red wolf's head banners.
- TFoH,Ch49 - In Tel'aran'rhiod, Elayne and Nynaeve visit Emond's Field. They note a large manor house being built and a stone monument carved with many names.
- LoC,Ch49 - Rand tells Loial that he took his mother, Elder Haman and Erith to Emond's Field.
- ACoS,Ch8 - Bran al'Vere has little opposition in Emond's Field, but mayoral races in Deven Ride and Taren Ferry are hotly contested.
- WH,Ch26 - When Elayne and Egwene meet in Tel'aran'rhiod in Emond's Field, they note how much it has changed. It is now a mid-size town with a new inn, The Archers, under construction.
- CoT,Ch30 � Everyone in the Salidar Aes Sedai camp is remote and touchy, much like Emond's Field was when Doral Barran had to deal with spotted fever.
- KoD,Ch29 � When Tam comes to aid Perrin, men from Emond's Field Deven Ride, Watch Hill, Taren Ferry and outlanders as well volunteer.