Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
High Lady Suroth Sabelle Meldarath
A Seanchan noblewoman, High Lady of Asinbayar and Barsabba. She is also a Darkfriend.
The sides of her scalp are shaved so that only a wide crest of black hair remained to fall down her back. The first two nails of each hand are lacquered blue. She has black eyes and is the same height as Liandrin. (TGH,Ch40) She is pretty but hard. (WH,Ch17)
Suroth by Richard Boyé
- Liandrin delivers Egwene, Nynaeve, Elayne and Min to High Lady Suroth, but Nynaeve and Elayne escape. (TGH,Ch40)
- Suroth consolidates the Seanchan forces on the island of Cantorin in preparation of re-establishing the invasion. She questions Pura about the White Tower and Rand. She must figure out what to do with the secret that sul'dam can channel. (TSR,Ch1)
- Suroth orders agents to capture or kill the sul'dam that deserted at Falme. She then sends a Seeker for Truth to monitor their progress. (TSR,Ch38)
- Egeanin gives the sad bracelets to Suroth at Cantorin. (WH,Ch21)
- High Lady Suroth has an audience with Morgase in the Fortress of the Light after conquering Amador. She tells Morgase she can keep her throne if she will acquiesce to the Seanchan. She shows off Thera to demonstrate the consequences of resistance. (ACoS,Ch26)
- High Lady Suroth moves from Amador to Ebou Dar after the city is taken. (TPoD,Ch6)
- Suroth moves into the Tarasin Palace with Queen Tylin. (WH,Ch16)
- High Lady Suroth visits Captain-General Miraj's camp near Ebou Dar. She has Liandrin as da'covale and another woman as both da'covale and leashed as damane. She tells Miraj that the forces against him are only a few thousand, but with about fifty Asha'man who can Travel. She orders Miraj to destroy Rand's army. (TPoD,Ch24)
- High Lady Suroth allows Valan Luca to keep his horses because he sheltered Cerandin. (WH,Ch15)
- Suroth and Tuon visit Queen Tylin accompanied by Anath and Selucia. Mat barges in on them and Tuon inspects him thoroughly before they leave. (WH,Ch17)
- Tuon, Suroth, Anath and Selucia spend a lot of time with Queen Tylin. Suroth is shocked at the way Anath berates Tuon, but Selucia sees it as proper. (WH,Ch18)
- At Tuon's suggestion, Suroth takes Tylin on a tour of Altara via to'raken. (WH,Ch28)
- Suroth cuts the tour short and returns to Ebou Dar when she learns that an army in Murandy disappeared. She goes straight to her military leaders in The Wandering Woman. (WH,Ch31)
- Suroth is distraught since Tuon's disappearance. (CoT,Ch4)
- Suroth gives Masema a letter of her personal protection. (CoT,Ch6)
- Davram Bashere meets with High Lady Suroth to discuss a truce. She is willing to negotiate, but wants Rand to meet the Daughter of the Nine Moons. (CoT,Epilogue)
- High Lady Suroth sends most of the raken force to Tarabon to deal with Rodel Ituralde. Semirhage confronts her and offers to make her Empress if she will kill Tuon. (KoD,Prologue)
- Davram Bashere and Karldin Manfor meet with High Lady Suroth to negotiate a meeting with the Daughter of the Nine Moons. They are not allowed to speak with anyone else. (KoD,Ch20)
- Suroth feels her grip on authority weakening as Captain-General Galgan ignores her orders. Tuon returns with Elbar's head, makes Suroth da'covale and gives her to the Deathwatch Guard. (KoD,Epilogue)
- Suroth is not among the da'covale attending Tuon. She will be held by the Deathwatch Guard until her hair grows out suitably. (TGS,Ch19)
- TGH,Ch40 - High Lady Suroth is a Darkfriend working for Ba'alzamon.
- TSR,Ch38 - High Lady Suroth told Egeanin directly that the Falme deserters needed to be captured or killed. Egeanin wonders why Suroth is waiting so long to continue the Return.
- TPoD,Ch23 - Karede suspects that Suroth already knows quite a bit about what is going on east of Ebou Dar.
- TPoD,Ch24 - After the Seanchan army is defeated, Yulan regrets that he will now have to apologize to High Lady Suroth.
- WH,Ch14 - Tuon is concerned that High Lady Suroth's great success may have made her ambitious, but Anath says she is sure that Suroth is loyal.
- WH,Ch19 - Her full name is Suroth Sabelle Meldarath.
- WH,Ch20 - The Seeker believes that Suroth, Egeanin and Bayle Domon are all involved in a conspiracy that included the murder of High Lord Turak and collaboration with Aes Sedai.
- CoT,Ch1 - Egeanin tells Mat that Suroth will not seriously hurt any damane who escaped and were recaptured. They belong to the Empress and are too valuable.
- CoT,Ch2 - Valan Luca feels safe from the Seanchan because he still has High Lady Suroth's warrant.
- CoT,Ch4 - The Seeker thinks that Suroth is in league with the Aes Sedai and helped kidnap Tuon.
- CoT,Ch6 - Suroth is High Lady of Asinbayar and Barsabba.
- CoT,Ch6 � Gendar and Santes steal the letter of protection from Masema�s camp and bring it to Berelain who presents it to Perrin.
- CoT,Ch28 - Rumors in the villages say that High Lady Suroth has made an alliance with someone powerful who will give them access to many lands.
- CoT,Ch29 - Mat thinks his ta'verenness will either keep him safe or bring him face to face with Suroth, whichever the Pattern wants.
- KoD,Ch4 � Perrin shows the order from High Lady Suroth to Tylee.
- KoD,Ch12 � Perrin uses the letter from High Lady Suroth to obtain forkroot and a'dam in Almizar.
- KoD,Ch20 � Bashere reports to Rand that they negotiated a meeting through Suroth.
- TGS,Prologue � After seeing ghosts and being attacked by Trollocs, Tylee thinks that maybe Galgan and Suroth are focused on the wrong war.
- TGS,Ch6 � General Turan warns Ituralde that High Lady Suroth will have to come after him with even more force now.
- TGS,Ch19 � Tuon thinks it will be difficult for the Corenne to recover from Suroth�s betrayal.
- TGS,Ch22 � Shaidar Haran tells Semirhage that she failed greatly by injuring Rand and losing valuable pawns.
- ToM,Ch47 - Fortuona considers raising Lunal Galgan to the Imperial family for openly opposing Suroth.
- AMoL,Prologue - Nynaeve berates Leilwin, telling her that Suroth gave the sad bracelets to Semirhage who used them on the Dragon Reborn.