Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
An Aes Sedai of the Gray Ajah. She is an Andoran from Caemlyn. She does not have a Warder.
She has dark hair and cool, hazel eyes. She has slim fingers. (LoC,Ch43) She is slim. (ACoS,Ch34)
- Merana Ambrey goes to the White Tower as a novice circa 909 NE. (LoC,Ch43)
- Merana is raised to Accepted circa 914 NE. (LoC,Ch43)
- Merana is raised to the shawl circa 920 NE. (LoC,Ch43)
- In 961 NE Merana negotiates the Fifth Treaty of Falme between Arad Doman and Tarabon covering the peaceful disposition of Almoth Plain. The treaty fails almost immediately. (LoC,Ch43)
- Merana's Warder, Basan, dies before the Aiel War and she never bonds another. (LoC,Ch43)
- The Salidar Aes Sedai send Merana Ambrey, Kairen Stang, Rafela Cindal, Seonid Traighan, Faeldrin Harella, Demira Eriff, Berenicia Morsad, Masuri Sokawa and Valinde Nathenos to Caemlyn as an embassy to Rand. (LoC,Prologue)
- The Salidar Aes Sedai embassy arrives in Caemlyn and Merana gets them rooms in The Crown of Roses. (LoC,Ch41)
- Merana, Masuri and Seonid meet with Rand in the Royal Palace. They rejoin Alanna and Verin at The Crown of Roses and discuss how to deal with him. (LoC,Ch43)
- Merana visits Lord Pelivar. (LoC,Ch46)
- Merana and Berenicia are at Demira's side when she awakes after her attack. Verin comes in and they discuss how to deal with Rand. (LoC,Ch46)
- Merana, Demira, Faeldrin, Masuri, Rafela, Seonid and Valinde pay an unexpected call on Rand and demand that he lift the retrictions on them. He refuses and they leave in a huff. (LoC,Ch49)
- After they receive Rand's letter saying he is leaving, Bera and Kiruna take over they decide to follow Rand to Cairhien with Alanna, Faeldrin, Masuri, Merana, Rafela, Seonid and Verin. (LoC,Ch49)
- They join with the Two Rivers men and Alanna leads them north toward Rand. (LoC,Ch54)
- They meet up with Perrin and join his forces. (LoC,Ch54)
- Bera, Kiruna, Alanna, Faeldrin, Masuri, Merana, Rafela, Seonid and Verin participate in the battle at Dumai's Wells. Afterwards, they are forced to swear fealty to Rand. (LoC,Ch55)
- Merana is serving tea to Rand and the Aiel clan chiefs in the Sun Palace to show that the Aes Sedai really do serve Rand. When Cadsuane enters Merana yells at her to not harm Rand. After a brief interview she and Annoura leave with Cadsuane. (ACoS,Ch18)
- Merana and Annoura follow Cadsuane to their quarters. Cadsuane grills her and the other Aes Sedai about recent events. (ACoS,Ch19)
- Merana accompanies Rand as part of his entourage to the Sea Folk ship. Rand takes Min, Merana, Rafela and Dashiva to the Wavemistress' cabin for discussions. He leaves Merana and Rafela to negotiate. (ACoS,Ch34)
- Merana and Rafela have sent notes to Rand but they are still on the Sea Folk ship negotiating. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Bera, Faeldrin and Merana are in the Sun Palace entry hall when Cadsuane arrives with Daigian and Kumira. The Wise Ones have been given a day off because it is finally raining. Merana says they will not help Cadsuane unless she tells them what she wants. Cadsuane goes off leaving Daigian and Kumira to talk with and influence them. (TPoD,Ch12)
- Merana and Rafela report to Rand that they have made a Bargain with the Sea Folk. Merana has a ta'veren attack and tells Rand what she really thinks when he is unreasonable. (TPoD,Ch27)
- Rand sends Alanna back to Cairhien with orders for Merana, Rafela, Bera and Faeldrin to go to Haddon Mirk to negotiate with the rebels there. (WH,Ch25)
- Alanna Travels from Far Madding to Cairhien. She picks up Merana, Rafela, Bera and Faeldrin and Travels to Tear. (WH,Ch32)
- Near the Stone of Tear, Merana Ambrey negotiates with Estanda and Tedosian about ending the siege. (CoT,Ch18)
- Merana and Rafela negotiate a settlement with Estanda, Hearne, Simaan and Tedosian that makes Darlin Sisnera King of Tear. (KoD,Ch21)
- LoC,Ch36 - Sheriam and her circle tell Egwene that Merana is heading an embassy to Rand. They should be in Caemlyn at any time.
- LoC,Ch41 - Min tells Rand of the Salidar Aes Sedai embassy, headed by Merana. Merana is from Caemlyn.
- LoC,Ch43 - Merana and Alanna are about the same strength. Merana was a novice for five years while Alanna took six. Merana, however, is much older so she naturally holds precedence.
- LoC,Ch43 - Merana and Verin were both novice for five years and Accepted for six. They are the same strength, but Verin is much older which normally would give her precedence.
- LoC,Ch43 - After the death of Basan, Merana never bonded another Warder.
- LoC,Ch50 - From the feel of Alanna's bond, Rand thinks Merana and her embassy are about halfway from Caemlyn to Cairhien.
- ACoS,Ch9 - The Salidar Aes Sedai have not heard from Merana and the embassy to Rand since shortly after they arrived in Caemlyn.
- ACoS,Ch10 - The Wise Ones tell Egwene that Merana followed Rand to Cairhien but took no pigeons for messages.
- ACoS,Ch34 - Min has a viewing of Alanna, Bera, Faeldrin, Merana and Rafela in Rand's hand. They are his.
- TPoD,Ch16 - The Wise Ones will only tell Egwene that Merana is waiting for Rand to return from the south.
- WH,Ch13 - Dobraine complains about the difficulty of meeting the agreement that Merana and Rafela made with the Sea Folk.
- CoT,Ch18 � Agents of the Salidar Aes Sedai report that Merana Ambrey was spotted near the Stone of Tear negotiating with Estanda and Tedosian.