Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
Pronunciation: JUY-lihn sahn-DAHR
A thief-catcher from Tear. He has worked with Coine before.
He is lean and handsome and in his middle years. He looks as though he were carved from aged wood. He has short, black hair and dark eyes. (TDR,Ch49)
Juilin Sandar by Richard Boyé
- On Mother Guenna's recommendation, Nynaeve hires Juilin Sandar to help find the thirteen women they are after. Juilin eyes Nynaeve appreciatively. (TDR,Ch49)
- Liandrin catches Juilin and uses Compulsion to force him to betray Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve. (TDR,Ch51)
- Juilin encounters Mat and the Aiel as he hangs out near the Stone of Tear. He agrees to help Mat free the girls. (TDR,Ch54)
- Juilin leads Mat to the dungeons where they free the girls. He apologizes for betraying them. (TDR,Ch55)
- Juilin leaves the Stone of Tear to bring the good news to Mother Guenna. (TDR,Ch56)
- Juilin boards the Wavedancer with Thom. (TSR,Ch20)
- Bayle Domon recognizes Elayne and Nynaeve at the docks and takes them, Juilin and Thom to the Three Plum Court. Juilin goes out to begin the search. (TSR,Ch39)
- Thom and Juilin continue their search and slowly gather information. (TSR,Ch46)
- Bayle, Juilin and Thom independently locate the Black Ajah sisters in the Panarch's Palace. (TSR,Ch51)
- A man assaults Thom, but Juilin and Bayle knock him unconscious. Egeanin identifies him as the Seeker. (TSR,Ch52)
- Juilin and Thom spread rumors to start a riot to help cover the assault on the Panarch's Palace. (TSR,Ch54)
- Elayne, Nynaeve, Egeanin, Bayle, Juilin and Thom take Amathera, the seal and the sad bracelets back to the Three Plum Court. Elayne, Nynaeve, Juilin and Thom will take the seal back to Tar Valon while Bayle will drop the sad bracelets in the deepest ocean. (TSR,Ch55)
- Elayne, Nynaeve, Thom and Juilin travel across Tarabon to Amadicia. They camp near Mardecin. (TFoH,Ch8)
- Thom and Juilin stay at the camp while Nynaeve and Elayne go for a walk into the village. (TFoH,Ch9)
- Thom and Juilin rescue Elayne and Nynaeve. Now suspicious of the White Tower, they adopt disguises and continue across Amadicia. (TFoH,Ch10)
- Elayne, Nynaeve, Thom and Juilin travel across Amadicia and stop at The Light of Truth in Sienda after passing Valan Luca's circus. (TFoH,Ch13)
- Galad confronts Elayne and Nynaeve in the common room of the inn. They refuse to accompany him to Caemlyn. They find Thom and Juilin and plan to leave immediately to find Valan Luca's circus. (TFoH,Ch16)
- Elayne, Nynaeve, Thom and Juilin sneak out of the inn and find Valan Luca's circus. He charges them heavily and makes them perform if they are to accompany him to Ghealdan. Juilin walks the high rope with Elayne. (TFoH,Ch17)
- They travel north with the circus to the River Eldar. Juilin scouts Samara across the river and reports that Galad is with the Whitecloaks there. (TFoH,Ch33)
- Elayne prepares the evening meal for herself, Nynaeve, Thom and Juilin. (TFoH,Ch34)
- Thom and Juilin find Birgitte lying outside. They carry her into the wagon, then Nynaeve and Elayne chase them back out. (TFoH,Ch35)
- Elayne tells Thom and Juilin about Moghedien. She does not tell them about Birgitte, but the silver arrow they found gives them all the information they need. (TFoH,Ch36)
- Juilin and Elayne do their high rope act in Luca's circus. (TFoH,Ch37)
- Thom and Juilin go into Samara to hunt for Nynaeve, but she returns to the circus before they do. (TFoH,Ch40)
- Thom and Juilin return to the circus from Samara with news that there are riots and burning. (TFoH,Ch47)
- Galad, Uno and the rest of the Shienarans accompany Nynaeve, Elayne, Birgitte, Thom and Juilin into Samara. They have to fight their way through a mob. They board the Riverserpent. (TFoH,Ch48)
- Nynaeve, Elayne, Birgitte, Thom, Juilin and the Shienarans travel from Samara to Boannda and on to Salidar on the Riverserpent. (TFoH,Ch49)
- Nynaeve, Elayne, Thom, Juilin, Birgitte, Areina, Nicola, Marigan, Uno, Ragan and the rest of the Shienarans arrive at Salidar. (TFoH,Ch50)
- Thom and Juilin volunteer to scout Amadicia and are gone for over a month. (LoC,Ch8)
- Thom and Juilin return to Salidar from their scouting mission in Amadicia. (LoC,Ch29)
- Thom and Juilin accompany Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve and the others from Salidar to Ebou Dar. (LoC,Ch44)
- Thom and Juilin accompany Mat, Elayne, Nynaeve and the others to Ebou Dar and stay at the Tarasin Palace. (LoC,Ch47)
- Thom and Juilin get rooms in the servants' quarters. (LoC,Ch48)
- Juilin meets Mat at the racetrack and reports that the girls left the palace again and that they hired a boat. He sees some Taraboners and says, "Tarabon must be terrible now for a woman not used to taking care of herself." (ACoS,Ch14)
- Thom and Juilin are with Nynaeve, Elayne, Aviendha and Birgitte in the Tarasin Palace. They only told Thom and Juilin about the search for the Bowl this night. Elayne uses disguises in front of Thom and Juilin, exposing this ability which they had kept a very close secret. (ACoS,Ch21)
- Thom and Juilin go with Mat to watch the Kin house. The next day he sends them to watch Carridin's place. (ACoS,Ch28)
- Thom and Juilin continue to watch Carridin. (ACoS,Ch37)
- Mat finds Thom and Juilin packing his belongings in Tylin's rooms. He sends them to round up the Redarms then they all go out to look for Olver. (ACoS,Ch39)
- After the gholam attack, Mat tells Juilin that he should leave, but he refuses. He makes mysterious visits to the forbidden upper floors of the Tarasin Palace. (WH,Ch17)
- Juilin gets caught upstairs and is beaten for it. (WH,Ch18)
- After agreeing to help Joline and Teslyn escape, Mat seeks out Thom and Juilin to help him plan. (WH,Ch19)
- Juilin procures three sul'dam dresses and an a'dam for Mat. (WH,Ch28)
- Thom and Juilin tell Mat about Tanchico, the Black Ajah and the sad bracelets. (WH,Ch29)
- Juilin goes to free Thera from Suroth's quarters in the Tarasin Palace. (WH,Ch30)
- Juilin and Thera join Mat and the others in the stableyard. (WH,Ch31)
- Thom, Juilin, Amathera and Noal accompany Mat when he leaves Ebou Dar. (CoT,Ch1)
- Juilin, Thera and Olver share a tent in Valan Luca's circus. (CoT,Ch2)
- The circus heads northeast toward Lugard. (CoT,Ch3)
- At every village, Thom and Juilin scout for news. Juilin and Thera are happy as long as they are together. (CoT,Ch28)
- Mat sends Thom and Juilin into Jurador to scout for Seanchan before he takes Tuon there. Juilin brings news to Mat that Egeanin was stabbed. (CoT,Ch29)
- Olver shares a tent with Juilin and Amathera. (KoD,Ch6)
- Thom and Juilin continue to scout for news. (KoD,Ch8)
- After the Shiotan ghost village sinks into the ground, Thom, Juilin, Amathera, Noal and Olver wait with Mat while the circus folk decide whether or not to continue. After dinner, Domon and Egeanin invite Juilin and Amathera to their tent for a drink. (KoD,Ch10)
- When the circus arrives at Maderin, Thom and Juilin go into town to scout. (KoD,Ch11)
- Thom, Aludra, Setalle Anan, Egeanin, Bayle Domon, Amathera, Juilin, Noal Charin and Olver accompany Mat and Tuon after they leave the circus and head cross country. (KoD,Ch25)
- Thom, Aludra, Setalle Anan, Egeanin, Bayle Domon, Amathera, Juilin, Noal Charin and Olver accompany Mat as he rejoins Talmanes and the Band of the Red Hand. (KoD,Ch26)
- Through their scouting, Thom and Juilin learn that the next major target for the Seanchan is Illian. (KoD,Ch27)
- Amathera, Juilin and Bayle Domon are with Egeanin when Furyk Karede arrives at Mat's camp. (KoD,Ch36)
- As Mat prepares for the Seanchan attack, Noal, Olver, Juilin, Amathera, Thom and Setalle stay with the pack animals. (KoD,Ch37)
- Mat reviews his plan to enter Trustair with Talmanes, Thom, Juilin, Mandevwin and Noal. (TGS,Ch34)
- Juilin and Thera leave for Tar Valon with the Aes Sedai. He would prefer Tear but the Seanchan are too close. (ToM,Ch17)
- Joline sends a letter to Setalle Anan that the Aes Sedai party arrived safely at the White Tower. (ToM,Ch52)
- TDR,Ch48 - Mother Guenna recommends Juilin Sandar as the best thief-catcher in Tear.
- TDR,Ch49 - Juilin seems taken with Nynaeve.
- TSR,Ch35 - Elayne tells Egwene that Thom and Juilin are with her and Nynaeve.
- TFoH,Ch8 - Juilin is a thief-catcher. He finds the term "thief-taker" insulting.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Nynaeve admits to Egwene that Ronde Macura drugged her and Thom and Juilin had to rescue them.
- TFoH,Ch24 - Egwene has a hard time with the image of Thom and Juilin performing in a circus.
- LoC,Ch8 - Nynaeve wishes that Thom and Juilin were back to help her leave Salidar.
- LoC,Ch12 - Nynaeve really wants to leave Salidar and hopes Thom and Juilin return in time to accompany her.
- LoC,Ch39 - Egwene agrees that Mat, Birgitte, Thom and Juilin will accompany Elayne and Nynaeve to Ebou Dar.
- LoC,Ch40 - Thom tells Mat that he and Juilin will be going to Ebou Dar with Elayne and Nynaeve.
- ACoS,Ch9 - Nicola and Areina try to blackmail Egwene by telling her that they heard Thom and Juilin say that Nynaeve and Elayne were pretending to be full Aes Sedai while they were still Accepted.
- ACoS,Ch17 - At The Wandering Woman Mat's men report that they have not seen Thom or Juilin.