Search Books History Geography Characters
Organizations Items Prophecies Templates
A Wise One of Cold Rocks Hold and a dreamwalker. A Taardad Aiel of the Nine Valleys sept. Wife of Rhuarc, sister-wife to Lian, who is roofmistress of Cold Rocks Hold. She was a Maiden of the Spear.
She looks young, but has white hair and blue eyes. (ACoS,Ch10)
Lian, Rhuarc and Amys
by Richard Boyé
- Amys and other Maidens find Tigraine wandering in the Aiel Waste. (TSR,Ch34)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana all tell Rhuarc he must cross the Spine of the World to search for He Who Comes With the Dawn. (TDR,Ch39)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana send a letter to Moiraine at the Stone of Tear telling her to send Aviendha to them at Chaendaer. (TSR,Ch12) The letter says they will meet Moiraine there as well. (TSR,Ch23)
- Egwene accidentally encounters Amys in Tel'aran'rhiod. Amys tells her to come to Cold Rocks Hold to be trained. (TSR,Ch11)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Seana meet Rand and his party on Chaendaer. They give permission for Rand and Mat to go to Rhuidean then send Aviendha and Moiraine as well. They begin to teach Egwene dreamwalking. (TSR,Ch23)
- After Rand shows the dragon marks, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Seana and Egwene go to the tents with Rand and Mat. Amys tells Rand about his real parents. (TSR,Ch34)
- Amys drags Egwene out of Tel'aran'rhiod and terrifies her as a lesson. They go to the sweat tents where the Wise Ones discuss what to do about Rand. They tell Aviendha to stay close to Rand. (TSR,Ch35)
- After the Trolloc attack at Imre Stand, Egwene goes off with Amys and Bair. (TSR,Ch37)
- Elayne meets with Amys and Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod. Amys lectures her on the dangers of dreamwalking. (TSR,Ch46)
- Moiraine spends a lot of time with Amys and the other Wise Ones on the way to Cold Rocks Hold. The Wise Ones are also teaching Aviendha to channel. (TSR,Ch48)
- When they reach Cold Rocks Hold, Amys joins Lian and Rhuarc in the happy reunion. (TSR,Ch49)
- The Wise Ones are spying on Rand's dreams. (TSR,Ch50)
- Rand tells the Wise Ones that he knows they are using Aviendha as a spy. (TSR,Ch50)
- Nynaeve meets with Egwene, Amys and Bair in Tel'aran'rhiod. The Wise Ones instruct them in the use of Need. (TSR,Ch52)
- At Alcair Dal, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Aviendha, Moiraine, Lan and Egwene wait at the edge while Rand, Rhuarc and Mat enter the bowl. (TSR,Ch57)
- When Rand returns from Rhuidean, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Aviendha, Moiraine, Lan and Egwene have joined the clan chiefs on the speaking ledge. (TSR,Ch58)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine are unhappy that Rand has shielded his dreams from them. (TFoH,Ch4)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine meet with Egwene, Aviendha and Moiraine in the sweat tents. They tell Moiraine that the Aiel follow Rand. They tell Aviendha to stay in Rand's room. Melaine asks Amys and Bair to intercede for her with Dorindha because she wants to marry Bael. (TFoH,Ch5)
- That night Egwene successfully finds Amys' dream for the first time. Amys congratulates her the next morning. (TFoH,Ch7)
- The gai'shain set up tents for Amys, Bair and Melaine when they make camp in Jangai Pass. (TFoH,Ch21)
- Egwene, Amys, Bair, and Melaine come to check on Rand after the Shadowspawn attack. (TFoH,Ch22)
- Amys and Bair order the Maidens who left Rand's tent to carry dolls. (TFoH,Ch23)
- Amys and Bair meet Egwene and Elayne in the Heart of the Stone in Tel'aran'rhiod. They chastise Egwene for being early. (TFoH,Ch24)
- Amys is talking with other Wise Ones, including Aviendha (who is actually just an apprentice), Bair and Sorilea. (TFoH,Ch41)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea reluctantly give permission for Aviendha to participate in the battle with Rand and Egwene. (TFoH,Ch43)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea refuse to let delegations of Tairen and Cairhienin nobles bother Rand while he sleeps and recuperates. (TFoH,Ch45)
- Amys and Egwene meet with Elayne and Nynaeve in Tel'aran'rhiod. Amys is not at all happy that anyone who can channel can enter Tel'aran'rhiod. (TFoH,Ch49)
- After hearing the news of Morgase' death and Rand's plan to go after Rahvin, Aviendha reports all this to Amys. (TFoH,Ch51)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea and a bunch of other Wise Ones meet with Rand to make sure he keeps his obligations to the Aiel in perspective with his obligations to Elayne. (TFoH,Ch52)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea come to Egwene's aid after Lanfear attacks her. They forbid her from entering Tel'aran'rhiod until she is well. (TFoH,Ch53)
- Rand overhears a conversation between Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea and Aviendha. The Wise Ones tell her she should have been successful with Rand by now. Amys tells the others that Aviendha was more successful than they know. (TFoH,Ch54)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine monitor Egwene's progress as she recovers. They continue to teach her about Tel'aran'rhiod but will not let her accompany them. (LoC,Ch15)
- Aviendha accompanies Rand to Cairhien and immediately goes to a meeting with Amys, Bair and Melaine. (LoC,Ch18)
- A delegation of Wise Ones, Amys, Bair, Melaine, Sorilea, Chaelin and Edarra, waits to meet with Rand in the Sun Palace, but he Travels back to Caemlyn instead. (LoC,Ch19)
- Amys, Bair and Sorilea meet with Berelain. Egwene tells them about the arrival of the White Tower embassy. They run her through strenuous exercises to make sure she is well. (LoC,Ch24)
- Egwene, Amys, Bair and Sorilea tell each other what they know about the White Tower embassy. (LoC,Ch25)
- Rand shouts at Amys, Bair and Sorilea putting them in a terrible mood. (LoC,Ch28)
- Amys, Bair and Sorilea are in even worse temper because of the Shaido Wise Ones in the camp. (LoC,Ch32)
- Amys takes Egwene on a short trip to Tel'aran'rhiod to make sure she is fully recovered. (LoC,Ch32)
- Egwene, Amys and Bair meet with the Salidar Aes Sedai in Tel'aran'rhiod in the Heart of the Stone. The Salidar Aes Sedai summon Egwene to Salidar. (LoC,Ch32)
- Cosain, Estair, Aeron and Surandha join Amys, Bair and Sorilea in whipping Egwene for lying. (LoC,Ch33)
- When they hear that Rand collapsed from exhaustion, Amys, Bair, Colinda, Sorilea and other Wise Ones come to examine him. They also want to talk to Min about her ability. (LoC,Ch50)
- Amys will no longer teach Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod. (LoC,Ch52)
- Amys, Sorilea, Nandera and Rhuarc come at Sulin's summons and hear the news that Rand was kidnapped. (LoC,Ch53)
- As they head north following Rand, Rhuarc leads the Aiel, Amys and Sorilea lead the Wise Ones and Nandera, and Sulin lead the Maidens. (LoC,Ch54)
- Amys, Sorilea, Nandera, Rhuarc and Sulin fight in the battle at Dumai's Wells. (LoC,Ch55)
- Amys is with Rand at Dumai's Wells. (ACoS,Ch2)
- Amys accompanies Rand from Dumai's Wells to Cairhien. (ACoS,Ch3)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine meet with Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod. (ACoS,Ch10)
- After Rand is put to bed in the Sun Palace, Amys enters. She sends away Bera and Kiruna but not Cadsuane. (ACoS,Ch36)
- When Rand awakes Amys is in his bedroom along with Min and several Aes Sedai and Asha'man. He tells the women to leave so he can talk to the Asha'man. (ACoS,Ch41)
- Over a dozen Wise Ones including Amys, Monaelle, Nadere, Shyanda, Tamela and Viendre participate in Elayne's and Aviendha's first-sister ceremony. Amys serves as their new mother in the ceremony. (WH,Prologue)
- As Aviendha returns from scouting with Rhuarc, they meet up with Amys, Bair, Melaine and Nadere. Amys grills her and seems satisfied then assigns useless labor. (TGS,Ch3)
- Amys, Bair, Melaine, the clan chiefs and Aes Sedai meet with Rand. (TGS,Ch7)
- Amys questions Aviendha and nods in approval at her answers then says she will need to be more creative in her punishments. (TGS,Ch15)
- Amys and Sorilea go with Cadsuane to check on Rand after the attack. (TGS,Ch23)
- Outraged by Min�s questions, Aviendha cracks and goes to Amys, Bair and Melaine. She tells them she is through with their teaching and punishments. They laugh and tell her she finally passed! They send her to Rhuidean. (TGS,Ch26)
- Cadsuane tells Amys and Sorilea her plan for Rand. (TGS,Ch31)
- Nynaeve tells Cadsuane, Amys, Bair, Melaine and Sorilea about Rand�s attack on Graendal. They agree to make her part of their plan. (TGS,Ch37)
- Egwene meets Amys and Bair in the Heart of the Stone to inform them that the Seanchan captured Elaida and she is now Amyrlin. (ToM,Ch14)
- Egwene meets in Tel'aran'rhiod with Sitters, Wise Ones Amys, Bair and Melaine, and Windfinders to discuss unification of all channelers with the White Tower. (ToM,Ch36)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine fight in the battle in Tel'aran'rhiod. (ToM,Ch37)
- Amys, Bair and Melaine are truly impressed when Egwene overcomes Mesaana. (ToM,Ch38)
- Aviendha returns to the Field of Merrilor and reports to Amys, Bair, Kymer, Melaine and Sorilea. They agree that someone else should try the glass columns a second time and Aviendha makes a gateway for Bair to Rhuidean. (AMoL,Prologue)
- TSR,Ch11 - Amys is the Wise One of Cold Rocks Hold and a dreamwalker. She is a Taardad Aiel of the Nine Valleys sept. She was a Maiden of the Spear before becoming a Wise One.
- TSR,Ch12 - Amys is married to Rhuarc. She is sister-wife to Lian who is sister-mother to Aviendha.
- TSR,Ch52 - Amys' hair has been almost silver since she was a child.
- TFoH,Ch15 - Egwene worries about being caught visiting Tel'aran'rhiod on her own not for Bair's punishment, but because Amys will no longer teach her.
- TFoH,Ch23 - Egwene tells Aviendha that she will intercede for her with Amys, Bair and Melaine.
- TFoH,Ch25 - Egwene checks Amys' and Bair's dreams to make sure they are asleep before she goes to meet with Elayne in Tel'aran'rhiod.
- LoC,Ch14 - Egwene can now recognize the dreams of Amys, Bair and Melaine.
- LoC,Ch19 - "Melaine and Amys dreamed of a man standing by your side with a dagger to your throat, but you did not see him. Bair and Amys dreamed of you cutting the wetlands in two with a sword. Amys, Bair and Melaine all three had this dream, which makes it especially significant. Rain, coming from a bowl. There are snares and pitfalls around the bowl. If the right hands pick it up, they will find a treasure perhaps as great as the bowl. If the wrong hands, the world is doomed. The key to finding the bowl is to find the one who is no longer."
- LoC,Ch51 - When Rand is kidnapped, he hopes one of the Wise Ones who can channel such as Amys or Bair will come by and detect the shield the Aes Sedai are holding on him.
- ACoS,Ch10 - Amys is a stronger channeler than the average Aes Sedai.
- ACoS,Ch13 - Amys has told Aviendha that she has too much pride.
- ACoS,Ch36 - Min notes that Cadsuane, Amys and Dashiva all have unreadable auras dancing around them.
- TPoD,Prologue - Verin had a very difficult time getting Sorilea and Amys to let her question the Aes Sedai prisoners and making them think it was their idea.